Donovan's Dodge Garage- 2.2/2.5 N/A EFI database
Overview- This page is for the upgrade and modification of the *NATURALLY ASPIRATED, FUEL INJECTED* Chrysler 2.2 & 2.5 SOHC engines produced between 1984-1995. I'll be frank in stating that there isn't a lot out there for these engines and the factory never did any research into making them go fast because they had the turbo package.
1) Overview by year
2) Induction choices
3) Cylinder head, cams and related
4) Exhaust related
6) Oiling system & balance shafts
7) Ignition upgrades
8) Computer related
9) Tuning tips
10) Checking cam & distributor timing
11) Common failure items & mistakes
12) Torque & clearance specs for 2.2/2.5 engines
13) Fault codes
14) Vacuum Diagrams
15) Relentless with 2.2 PFI
16) 1993-1995 2.5 FFV
17) Mexican PFI Non-turbo!
1) Lighten the car! 100 pounds equals 10 hp!
2) A manual transmission car wastes less hp then an automatic
3) Underdrive pulley
4) 2.5 owners pull the balance shafts
5) Tuning, tuning, tuning!
6) Improved cold air induction, hood scoop would be best
7) Cooler thermostat (180-185F)
8) Manual steering
10) K&N air filter
11) Good exhaust system
12) Nitrous Oxide
13) Light flywheel to enhance acceleration
14) 0W-30 or 5W-30 Mobile 1
15) Aftermarket camshaft
Topica has a mailing list dedicated to TBI cars.
ALLPAR has a page with some TBI tips & feedback
Anthony Huczek has a cool N/A Daytona using a 87 TII intake. Some good information.
Check out Derek's Garage, he has done some tinkering with his TBI setup. More good info!
for visiting Donovan's Dodge Garage